Olympus C-50 versus C-5050

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So it's time to bid farewell to my Bonica Snapper and move onto bigger things.

I must state from the beginning that I am not much of a photographer but I need to take photos of publishing quality.

After a bit of consulting various sources, I've decided to go digital and have narrowed it to a choice of two cameras: Olympus 50 Zoom (tiny, handy and the housing is so compact as well) and the Olympus 5050 Zoom - bit bigger but looks more like a camera.

For those who've used one of these models (or both), what's your opinion on the camera? I'd also be interested to hear from anybody who've had published photos using these cameras.

Thanks

The only -ves is see are the macro range: 20 cms and slower lens. May not be a drawback but it also uses a proprietary Lithium battery.

+ves: very compact.

The C50 has most of the features of the C5050 but you might want to investigate how easy it is to select these features - ie operation of the camera, menus etc.

Personally I went with the C5050 because of the fast lens and super macro. Topside, even though bigger, had a better and more comfortable feel in my hand - but that's because of a traditional SLR background.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom