Olympus C4040 + Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice you said it has one dead pixel, do you have any, or could you take a picture showing this? thanks

I notice you said it has one dead pixel, do you have any, or could you take a picture showing this? thanks
Yes, the first link shows the dead pixel up close and personal while the second one shows it in context of the original picture:
Dead Pixel
In Context

It took me a little bit to find it!

Cheers

Rick

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to Photography Marketplace
I already had it posted in this forum and it had been viewed 26 times. In the slightly shorter period I had it in the Classifieds section, before you moved it, it had been been viewed over 80 times. I understand the semantics but feel your move was maybe a little pedantic and it's certainly not going to help me in selling my baby. Knaamean?

Yes, the first link shows the dead pixel up close and personal while the second one shows it in context of the original picture:
Dead Pixel
In Context

It took me a little bit to find it!

Cheers

Rick

Rick, a dead pixel is easily fixed by the user using the camera's "Pixel Mapping" function. I've used it and it apparently replaces the info in the dead pixel with that of nearby live pixels with no significant loss.

Turn the camera on, set it to a picture taking mode such as "P", press the OK/Menu button, Mode Menu, Setup, Pixel Mapping, Start, and then press OK.

That will take care of it and should reassure your potential customers that this camera will take flawless shots and need no servicing.

Here's more info from Olympus on the Pixel Mapping function:

Pixel Mapping

For those looking at this offering, I've used my Oly 4040 for years and it's a fine camera. My avatar was taken with my 4040. Please note, I am not associated in any way with the seller.

Best of luck!

Dave C

Rick, a dead pixel is easily fixed by the user using the camera's "Pixel Mapping" function. I've used it and it apparently replaces the info in the dead pixel with that of nearby live pixels with no significant loss.

Turn the camera on, set it to a picture taking mode such as "P", press the OK/Menu button, Mode Menu, Setup, Pixel Mapping, Start, and then press OK.

That will take care of it and should reassure your potential customers that this camera will take flawless shots and need no servicing.

Here's more info from Olympus on the Pixel Mapping function:

Pixel Mapping

For those looking at this offering, I've used my Oly 4040 for years and it's a fine camera. My avatar was taken with my 4040. Please note, I am not associated in any way with the seller.

Best of luck!

Dave C

Wow. Amazing what they can do really. Can't thank you enough!

I've had a PM re: a C8080 too, which is great as I thought they would be fairly hard to track down...

Cheers

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom