Olympus E-410 first pass reviews with oly housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have some really nice shots in the Gallery, Gary. A couple of the Turtle shots and fish
portraits came out very nicely, and I really like the arcing school of fish. The lighting on it is really good.

Jlyle,
Thanks for that tip. I was a little lazy on my technique last weekend. Haven't been wet in months and was just excited to get in the water and start blasting with the new camera. I've got two weeks in the Philippenes coming up in May. My expectations of myself and results will be a lot higher on that trip. Last weekend I was more in the mode of getting used to the camera and new Z240. A question, when I've done this in the past it seemed to work better without diffusers. Do you have any thoughts on that?

You have some really nice shots in the Gallery, Gary. A couple of the Turtle shots and fish
portraits came out very nicely, and I really like the arcing school of fish. The lighting on it is really good.

Thanks, Yeah the school of convict tangs was cool. I actuall zipped off 4 shots as they passed.

Hello Gary thanks for taking the time to write up the camera and housing. Quick question can you crop pics in the camera? and if I read through this thread right. You can connect strobes to the oly housing correct?

I'll have to get out the old manual about the cropping piece and let you know. Yes there is a hardwired port for Olympus ttl.

Is it just the oly flash or can you connect other brand of strobes.
Sorry for the noobiee questions I have only used PS in the past so a slr is a huge jump for me.
Enough were I will have to take a class just to use it.

You can use Sea&Sea via a converter. Your best bet is Inon via fiber optics. The bulkhead is made just for Olympus but both Matthew Heinrichs and Athena make adapters.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom