Olympus E-620 with Inon S-2000 strobe Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

globalmark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi I posted over on the Strobes Page but no real replies there so Try here.

I have a Olympus E-620 in PT-E06 housing with x2 Inon s-2000 strobes - and I am trying to find out more about the Settings I need to make work Better .

Is strobe setting Manual or S-TTL better to use most of the Time ?
If using on S-TTL where do I put the EV switch on the Strobe (what Position)
Are there any special settings on the Camera I should have set when using S-TTL
Any other advise or info would be useful on the set up and use .

One other Unrelated Question the Macro setting on the E-620 (little flower setting) does this actually do anything , as I normally shoot underwater in M-mode should I use MACRO for shooting Macro (does it do something to lens like a Compact Camera)

Thanks All
Mark

Hi Mark,

It seems that Tio answered your questions at length over at digitaldiver.net and I would agree with what he had to say. I have used this strobe and camera combo for macro and W/A at length in both manual and S-TTL with great results.

Phil Rudin

Hi Phil
Yes Tio sort of half answered it but not Completely and what he has said does not answer the Questions above as I slightly Modified those questions so I would appriciate someone else answer also so it really sinks in and I know what I am doing .
Thanks Mark

The little flower setting does absolutely nothing to the focus of the lens, it simply uses smaller apertures to yield greater depth of focus (depth of field).
I would shoot with the camera in Manual (M) and also shoot with the strobes in manual, you will learn a whole heap more shooting manual strobes than you will with S-TTL.
You will find once you've started shooting with manual strobes, that you don't change strobe powers as much as you think you will. Mostly you'll change your lens aperture to change exposure and maybe fine-tune with strobe power changes just now and again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom