Olympus E-PL1 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funland111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be glad when I finally decide on a camera upgrade. The E-PL1 camera and PT-EP01 housing looks like a great system, and the combined price is in my ballpark. I have an Ikelite AF-35 slave strobe, which I use on my Canon setup. I do not want to purchase another strobe at this point -- will the AF-35 work in conjunction with the E-PL1 camera? The other cameras I have been looking at are the Canon s95 and g12 -- and again I don't want to change strobes -- my wife will shoot me!!

Thanks

Bill

Take a look at the PT-EPO1 housing online. It has two fiber optic ports, not a clear case. I don't think your strobe will work with it. You may need to wait until spring when Ikelite is supposed to be selling a housing for the EPL-1. It will probably let you use the on-camera strobe.

I can't believe Ikelite have been so slow with an EPL-1 housing, given the popularity of the camera. It's to the point where the EPL-1 is about to be supplanted by the EPL-2, which will likely have a different set of controls.

Of course you could try selling your strobe and looking for a used/refurb strobe with fiber optic triggering.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom