Olympus E-PL2 workshop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PHIL RUDIN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
On my way to teach a workshop in Mexico with an E-PL2 and Olympus housing, also have the Sony NEX-5 with the new Natuicam housing and the Panasonic LX5 proto-type housing just announced by Nauticam. Nautican is also doing an Olympus E-PL housing and I have made a request for a port adapter for the ZEN Underwater port line so that owners can use their ZEN ports on the new Nautican housing. I hope this can be done.

Nauticam Announces NA-LX5 Housing

Phil Rudin

Is there any way for Nauticam to make a housing for e-pl2 with a flash window so that I would have an option of shooting with buit in flash? For me that would be a major advantage over the original EP03 housing. May be with a short port for a pancake lens. Sometimes you want to go extra light :)

thnx for the info

Dear Phil,

That's really interesting. I hope you will show us some results by posting some pictures from the different cameras and letting us know how they handle. I am interested in all the models. Whereas the Sony seems to be the best unfortunately it of course is the most expensive setup. I really am curious about the Nauticam housing for the LX 5 because that seems to be an affordable and promising package for acceptable image quality.

Greetings from Germany,
Daniel

Man....was it an open class?? I would love to have a chance to go...

Hi Phil,

I really wanted to attend the Cozumel workshop, but was unable to get away on those dates.
Will you be doing the same next year? I live in Kissimmee and travel to Pompano and the Keys a few times a year, so if you teach any when you're home, let me know. I know it's no Cozumel, but it's close. I'm currently using the E-PL1 with 9-18 and Zen Port on Oly Housing.
After reading these posts, I've just begun to get the confidence to shoot manual. What's the most common shutter speed with a F8-F11 using a YS110A Strobe?
Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

We will be posting dates for next years Digital Feista soon with an early discount price.

I will also be teaching a one day macro class in May with morning classroom session and an afternoon dive at the Blue Herion Bridge followed by a review of the images taken. Sunday May 8 is the first afternoon high tide on a weekend. Date not yet confirmed with those involved.

E-mail me at tropicalone@bellsouth.net and I will send details when they are firm.

The class will cover DSLR's, mirrorless cameras and consumer compacts.

Phil Rudin

Sounds great

I just got a new Oly kit, xz-1, oly housing, oly wide angle wet lens, inon macro wet lens, 2 sea and sea ys-01s. This is my first high quality uw rig and I would love to get some training on how to use the flashes, etc, for macro work.

I will email you for the details of the workshop.

Hi Tom,

We will be posting dates for next years Digital Feista soon with an early discount price.

I will also be teaching a one day macro class in May with morning classroom session and an afternoon dive at the Blue Herion Bridge followed by a review of the images taken. Sunday May 8 is the first afternoon high tide on a weekend. Date not yet confirmed with those involved.

Thanks Phil. Unfortunately May 8th is Mother's day and my sister and I always take Mom out for the day. I'll email you so at least I can get on the list for upcoming classes.

Back
Top Bottom