Olympus OM EM5 II My Next Camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With the cheapo Meikon housing (dry port version), you can use much more larger (PRO) lens as well, in fact I was using a 12-40 PRO.

This is the list:

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm 1:2.8 PRO
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm F4-5.6 II
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro

Olympus E-M5 II 40m/130ft Meikon Underwater Camera Housing with Dry dome port V.4

Where do you find zoom gears? It doesn't seem to mention them on the linked page.

Coz there's none, that is the biggest downside. When I was using it, I used the EZ lens (with electronic zoom).

I shoot an Olympus E-M10 in a Meikon housing. I'm very happy with it. But, I have dived and shot photos alongside a buddy with an RX100 IV. To me, there's not enough difference between them to justify big bucks to change from one to the other.

If I had an RX100 housing, I would just get another RX100 to fit in it and then spend the leftover money on 2 top notch strobes (today, I would buy Inon Z330s) and a good wet WA port/dome (today, the Nauticam WWL-1 - IF it will work with the rest of the kit. Otherwise, whatever is good that will work). And, possibly, some decent video lights, if I were interested in shooting video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom