olympus p400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
ok, i ghot the c5050, i got the pt015, i think i know which strobe im gonna get (ike ds125) now i need the printer. is this a good printer to use? there doesnt seem to be a lot of posts about this unit.

I haven't heard much about the Olympus printers. Most photographers I know use Epson or HP printers. I'm leaning towards the Epson 1280 with black and 6 colors.

Here's what I found on the....Oly P-400

Here's the Epson 1280

You can search for most anything on that site.

For what I can afford?....The Epson.

I don't need or want to print directly from my memory card so that feature is useless to me on the HP, Oly and other printers. Print quality is more important.

Another thing you have to look at is calibrating your monitor so that what you see on your monitor is what you get when you print. Here's a link to DD and a review of a calibration program that's easy to use....
Click here

I have this printer for almost a year and one half now and I am still amazed by its quality. If you are willing to put up with the maximum A4 size, it's fantastic. This is dye-sublimation, the ink is melted on to the paper and then a protective layer is added. Although the ink jet technology has become much better, I still think the P-400, or dye-subs in general, print as close to real photo lab quality as you can get at home. It is this printer that convinced me to move to digital - no dots like are often present on ink jets. And, when you look at the prints from different angles, it still looks the same - unlike some inkjets where it appears that the image was "sprayed on" the page.

Just my opinion. See www.dpreview.com under printers and search for P-400.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Gerry

Back
Top Bottom