Olympus PT-015 accessories and compatiability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_pirate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am fairly new to underwater pictures and am looking for some guidance. The Olympus C-5050 is great and fitting accessories is a challenge.

Does any one have ideas or experience on which Tray would be better for my Ikelight DS-125 Strobe? Single, Dual, Ikelite or other? Why?

Is there a wide angle lens that attaches to the PT-15 housing? With or Without adapters?

Is there an adapter that converts my Sea & Sea MX-10 wide angle lens to the PT-015 housing?

Thanks
diver_pirate

One strobe or two? How much money are you willing to part with. I like my dual Ikelite DS-125s and ULCS arms. The Ikelite arms/tray don't allow for the quick positioning that I can get with the ULCS...on the other hand, you can disconnect the Ike arm for hand held strobe shots.

Wetmate WALs are available that screw onto the 67mm threads on the housing.

I don't know if you can adapt your MX-10WAL. Anyone?

I don't think there ever was an adapter to use the MX-10 WAL. There was one availabe for a short time to use the MMII WAL but they are really scarce.

I'm a big fan of the ULCS tray but don't know how compatiable it is with the Ikelite stuff.

Can you attach the PT-015 to an Ike tray? If so will the housing spin on the tray? Can someone already has this setup confirm this? If not it's best to ask Ike.

Or else you can get the new digital tray from Ultralight along with the new extended sensor adaptor (part # AD-TTLd). See http://www.ulcs.com/news.html. You can then add Ultralight arms and clamps and a strobe adaptor (AD-125) to it.

ReyeR:
Can you attach the PT-015 to an Ike tray? If so will the housing spin on the tray? Can someone already has this setup confirm this? If not it's best to ask Ike.

Or else you can get the new digital tray from Ultralight along with the new extended sensor adaptor (part # AD-TTLd). See http://www.ulcs.com/news.html. You can then add Ultralight arms and clamps and a strobe adaptor (AD-125) to it.

Yes you can attach the PT-015 to an Ikelite tray. The Ikelite tray has a slot running across the bottom (to accomodate positioning of the housing), an adapter that comes with the tray fits into this slot, the housing is then attached to this adapter (and the tray) by running a bolt (that also comes with the tray) from the underside of the tray, through the adapter and into the bottom of the housing. I purchased my tray from underwater camera pros

Here's a link to the tray: http://demeter.hmdnsgroup.com/~unde...&category_id=c3356a866e7b1bb0725e34e3f792bd3a

As for attachments to the PT-015 I can't speak to the strobe the original poster mentioned but I am very pleased with my Inon UWL-100 lens and attached dome port.
The combination of the two provide about a 130 degree angle of view. Be advised that the UWL-100 is very heavy, surprisingly the dome port does not have much weight to it.

My Rig:

Image by fins (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

To compensate for that weight I built (with the help of Bobf at digitaldiver.net) a set of bouyancy arms to go over my ULCS arms and a flotation ring which is mounted around the UWL-100. If interested you can read more about this in the Tips and Techniques section in my thread titled "Is Your Rig Too Heavy".

Here's my rig: PT-015, ulcs arms/tray, DS-125 strobes.

myrig.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom