olympus tg-4 vs olympus xz-2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fish80

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, asking again an advice here... amazing forum. :)

So far I have been diving with a gopro but I would like to be able to also take decent still photos, as it takes me ages to properly edit a video. I am considering moving to a simple point and shoot camera which has also the ability to take good videos... and say goodbye to the gopro.

Made some research, the tg-4 seems amazing, and also allows to take pictures while taking a video, which I think it is great. I am almost sold but I saw the xz-2 which should have better sensor, but with housing is only about 700$, making the price similar.

So... tg-4 or xz-2 for a beginner photographer who likes to shoot videos too?

Thanks a million!

i run an XZ-1 camera. the predessor to the XZ-2. it is a great small full manual camera with a big sensor. takes some nice pics. the most common olympus camera i see on dive trips is the TG-4. seen great pics from it as well.

example XZ-1 pic. just using the internal flash.
P7167862%5badj-trim-small.jpg

wow!! I am trying a tg4 at the moment but with the flash the results are terrible... not sure why

check your settings. what are are they?

mm just the standard underwater mode, it come automatically with the flash enabled but it just create a lot of backscatter in front of the subject. If i disable the flash it works much better

mm just the standard underwater mode, it come automatically with the flash enabled but it just create a lot of backscatter in front of the subject. If i disable the flash it works much better

normally back-scatter means there is lots of stuff in the water. i have shot many thousands of UW pics. the galapagos was very bad this year. too much stuff in the water.

Have you tried playing with the angle/focus spot of the strobe? Don't aim it directly at the subject.

Have you tried playing with the angle/focus spot of the strobe? Don't aim it directly at the subject.

thank we were just talking about the internal flash.. :)

I have an xz-2 camera with 2 sea&sea strobes. And a wide ange lens. I noticed when the flash was on it made the images greeny and yellowy if I turned the flash off the custom wb did good pics. I know when the strobes was on something was wrong with the wb,but I tried several different settings but almost always more or less the pictures came out greeny and yellow with flash on. Anybody has a setting what I can try this year? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom