Omg Ginnie Springs?!$$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:confused:
Is this right? $16 per PERSON per NIGHT for camping? what a way to snag that second day entry fee!
So instead of paying $20 to swim for two days you save 4 bucks for camping? then STILL have to pay a dive fee? Screw this! I'll camp at a state park and make Ginnie only for daily events! This is why I quit camping in private locations!
Let's see, for me n wife and best friend to camp n dive Ginnie, will be $22 per nite for electricity per person, plus diving fees of $27 per person for two days each... that's $228.00?!
when at a State Park it's $5 per person per day to dive plus $13 for up to 4 people per night of camping... totalling only 28 bucks,
that's a whopping 200 dollars difference for a single weekend!!!
Somebody tell me I am miscalculating this!!!
Otherwise, I'm sending an email to Ginnie Outdoors!!!
;-0

yep. get a boat and camp next door at Blue springs for like 5 bucks. sail boat to Ginnie and dive her for free like God intended.=-) :D :mean:

Thats the reason I have stopped camping private anythings... state parks only. It just shouldn't cost that much to camp and relax unless there's going to be some food catering going on.

Looks like both LDS and private campgrounds loose out to the cheaper alternatives.

pretty soon they will be selling camp sites at LeisurePro...:D

An LDS I'll support all the way. However, when it costs me as much to camp as it does to stay in a non-ritzie hotel, I have to weigh my options a little more, especially since the idea behind camping is to have an inexpensive alternative for recreational activities.

$22 a night isn't cheap for camping then you have to pay more to swim, even more to dive? In the scenerio that DEEPSEAWOLF has modeled, that one springs dive would cost as much as a similar alternative at the state park if you visited the state park 8 times. ITs not about an LDS and private place losing out, its about being sensible about what you spend money on. My wife and I could afford a trip to the state park at those rates, but the private park is totally out of the question and budget.

I haven't dived Ginnie yet because of the price. With all the free caves around to dive, why?

One of these days I'll get a boat on the river and go dive it.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I haven't dived Ginnie yet because of the price. With all the free caves around to dive, why?

One of these days I'll get a boat on the river and go dive it.

The caves at Ginnie are great, you are really missing out if you haven't been there.

Oh and the entrance feel is a little cheaper for full cave divers: $20+tax.

Also Peacock Springs (I hear) is going up to $10 per diver/day for their entrance fee.

Wendy once bubbled...

The caves at Ginnie are great, you are really missing out if you haven't been there.

Oh and the entrance feel is a little cheaper for full cave divers: $20+tax.

Also Peacock Springs (I hear) is going up to $10 per diver/day for their entrance fee.

I have three divers in the family though so it adds up.

I don't know if it'll still be available but at Peacock we usually get a one week vehicle pass which did cost $13 for all three of us for the week.

divenaked once bubbled...
yep. get a boat and camp next door at Blue springs for like 5 bucks. sail boat to Ginnie and dive her for free like God intended.=-)

One word.

Diveyak.

:)

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom