OMS 21 Watt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

747pilot

Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling his OMS 21 Watt canister. Any thoughts on this light? Is $500 a good price?

OK, somebody has to know about this thing. 15 hits and no info?

$500 is a good price for a 21W HID but I don't know anything about OMS lights.

It's a HID. Thanks.

Mike

I don't see any 21W HID's mentioned on OMS' site: http://www.omsdive.com/lights.html

Maybe an older, discontinued model?

Anyway, just double-check that it's a 21W HID and not 10W. Also, how long is the burn time? Battery type? Bulb type (WA or BS)? Adjustable or fixed focus? How old is it? How many dives on it? Any problems in the past?

*Floater*:
I don't see any 21W HID's mentioned on OMS' site: http://www.omsdive.com/lights.html

Maybe an older, discontinued model?

Anyway, just double-check that it's a 21W HID and not 10W. Also, how long is the burn time? Battery type? Bulb type (WA or BS)? Adjustable or fixed focus? How old is it? How many dives on it? Any problems in the past?

thanks, I was just going to write/ask the same things. as far as I know OMS never released the 21W version of their light (there was talk about it, but that is it)

Make sure that it is UW light, not an airline light....:wink:

Just got off the phone with OMS. The 21 Watt was made about 4 or 5 years ago and the reason they stopped production was that the bulbs and ballasts were no longer available. So I guess $500 is pretty expensive for a throw away HID. Thanks to those who responded.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom