OMS Vega

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gomi_otaku

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone use the OMS Vega light as a secondary? Give me some opinions on it. Do you use rechargeables or do you pay up every couple dives for disposable batteries?
gomi_

gomi...I just bought a Vega for a backup and absolutely love it. It is very compact and has good weight. The light is amazing for such a small LED. Heck...It could easily be used as a primary. As far as the batteries...I do not not know what I will do when the batteries deplete...But I can say the light is fantastic.

How much did you pay for it? And what kind of vis are you using it in? I'm really only looking for a good backup, for night diving, but if it's good I might buy two. I looked up prices for rechargeable batteries and they are under $20 for a pair, with a charger. Beats $5-7 a pair for disposables.

It is a great little light - I actually shut my primary off for about 10 minutes on a night dive in Roatan just to see how it would work - excellent! Powerful, bright, and extremely lightweight and compact. One of my better purchases...Cheers!

gomi
I paid about $85 for it. I have yet to use it, but based on what I have seen shining it in a dark room, I suspect it will work well in low vis...I think it will be a really light for night diving....

rawls:
gomi
I paid about $85 for it. I have yet to use it, but based on what I have seen shining it in a dark room, I suspect it will work well in low vis...I think it will be a really light for night diving....

I'd be interested to hear how it works in water. I tried the dark room test with the last LED backup light I got and while bright in air, it didnt do much at all in the water.

mcjangles:
I'd be interested to hear how it works in water. I tried the dark room test with the last LED backup light I got and while bright in air, it didnt do much at all in the water.

mcjangles...I agree with you...You will never really be sure until you use it in real conditions.

Back
Top Bottom