On a mission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jab471

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a POHM living in Melbourne Australia. I have had my SSI open water for a bout a year now and have managed to log a hole 9 dives. but after a visit to Antarctica this March I have been inspired to return in feb 2010 to dive there. I have been informed that i need to have 100 logged dives for this trip and at least 20 of which need to be in the dry suit that i will be diving in. currently I only own snorkel gear and so i have a large finacial investment to make in the near future. any advice would be most welcome.

Move to Canada...:D

Seriously though, is there any place around Australia they dive drysuits?

:happywave and nice to see another aussie (well, kinda aussie) on :sblogo:

i know we have a few melbournites on the board here so hopefully they can share where they dive and who they dive with

goodluck & welcome!

I'm not sure Canada is the answer Ive spent a little time in Medicine Hat so you can understand my reluctance:wink:, and yes they do dive in dry suits in Australia, I live on port Philip bay and that gets down to 12- 14 c in the winter and I'm told the that a dry suit is preferable when boat diving and the wind gets up. Then theres Tasmania water temp there can get to 9 c. You can dive in a 7mm wety without any problem with cold as i did last year on my course but like i say its the surface interval on a bad day where there are problems.

Any way thanks for the welcome.

G

hey, I dont have a lot of advices for ya, but I just got on this board too so wanted to give a hello!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom