On a more cheerful note...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

procyon

Registered
Reaction score
Who's diving where this weekend?

I and my brighter star are going to be finishing off our AOW at Morrison's Quarry on Saturday.

In fact this weekend offers me the opportunity of a day underwater & a day on the frozen variety.

Right on! Way to combine 'water'sports!

I'll be in New York, (dry) caving and diving. Hehe

Next trip to Ottawa: end of month, when I'll be entering the Eastern Regioanl Fall Championships as a freediver. Wish me luck! (I'm gonna need it, I'm a bit out of practice)

FreeFloat:
Right on! Way to combine 'water'sports!

I'll be in New York, (dry) caving and diving. Hehe

Next trip to Ottawa: end of month, when I'll be entering the Eastern Regioanl Fall Championships as a freediver. Wish me luck! (I'm gonna need it, I'm a bit out of practice)
Good Luck Freefloat!

Procyon, for once I'm happy with one of your decisions! :wink:

sharkybait:
Hey all, I keep hear about Morrison's Quarry....
Just wondering where it is.... and any actual description would be helpful.....
Thanx...

Its just south of Wakefield in Quebec. Its a smallish round pond of water. There are some thermoclines and the water tends to warm up quickly and be relativly clear in the spring.

There is basicaly no fish life, there is a sunk plane, boat, submarine and a few cars. Its.. uh.. rather borning honestly, but a good training spot.

Heeheehee I can see ME in two of the pictures!

Incidentally, the spring freediving competition was held at the same quarry. This fall's competition however will be held at the Monster Quarry in Québec as we have several competitors who have declared target depths that Morrison's cannot provide. (Its max depth is 120' I believe, and we have quite a few freedivers capable of diving far deeper than that)

Back
Top Bottom