On behalf of service techs everywhere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe Bailey

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know I'm not only speaking for myself but every equipment tecnition out there on this one. Please, please, please, if you vomit in your regulator, at least atempt to rinse it out before you send it in for service...........fricken ruined my day.........

Maybe someone has taken the dire warnings of the scuba industry a little too literally?

The majority of divers have been taught that a regulator is a highly sophisticated precision engineered life support apparatus that must NEVER be tampered with by mere mortals. Or you will die.

I can see this leading to your current situation.

He: I just puked in my reg!
She: oh no! what ever shall we do?
he: I am not allowed to touch the reg.
she: you may kill yourself!
he: guess I will make the service tech clean it.
she: yes, that is the safe thing to do.
he: good thing it was our last dive of the day!

Cheers...

My two dive buddies went to Bonaire last year. They are both chummers, one generally when underwater, the other on the surface, but when they catch a glimpse of the other, they will both blow. Ah, togetherness. First dive of that trip, surface chummer loads his regulator, jambs it up. He really did try to wash it out, but the tech found more debris when he went through it. Didn't seem to bother the tech much, he rinsed it out then put it in his mouth to test it. Both chummers almost lost it watching that happen.

I can see this leading to your current situation.

She: oh no! what ever shall we do?
he: I am not allowed to touch the reg.
she: you may kill yourself!
he: guess I will make the service tech clean it.
she: yes, that is the safe thing to do.
he: good thing it was our last dive of the day!

Cheers...

I think it went like this.

She: What are you going to do?
he: I don't know.
she: Why don't you call the dive shop and ask them?
he: Naw, I guess I will get the service tech clean it.
she: You never ask for directions when your lost either.
he: Shut up or your walking home!
she: If I walk home you will never get any again.

I was shore diving in Lake Travis a little while back. Really sandy / silty water so I unscrewed my 2nd stage, removed the diaphragm and proceeded to make sure everything was washed clean and reassembled.

I had a new buddy with me (typical O/W diver) and you wouldn't believe how shocked he was that I was taking my gear apart.

I was shore diving in Lake Travis a little while back. Really sandy / silty water so I unscrewed my 2nd stage, removed the diaphragm and proceeded to make sure everything was washed clean and reassembled.

I had a new buddy with me (typical O/W diver) and you wouldn't believe how shocked he was that I was taking my gear apart.

You got sea sick in Lake Travis while shore diving?

N

You got sea sick in Lake Travis while shore diving?

N
"I was shore diving in Lake Travis a little while back. Really sandy / silty water so I unscrewed my 2nd stage"

may want to read hole post

Eeewww gross! If they aren't going to clean their regulator, can you imagine what their bathroom looks like?

Left overs for the next diver ;P !!!!!

Maybe someone has taken the dire warnings of the scuba industry a little too literally?

The majority of divers have been taught that a regulator is a highly sophisticated precision engineered life support apparatus that must NEVER be tampered with by mere mortals. Or you will die.

Cheers...

It's true. Until SB I though it was sacrilegious to touch the inner workings of my regulator. But fortunately, I'm not a "chummer."

Back
Top Bottom