Once again I have more drysuit questions!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chip938

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well i have my drysuit and was advised to use talcum powder on the neck and wrist seals so i wanted to know,

will any kind work or do you need a special kind for latex seals???

thanks in advance

-Chip-

I just use regular. Keep them out of the sun when not in use as the sun helps weaken latex seals.

I just use corn starch (I notice you're from the UK and vaguely remember it being called something different across the pond - like our "corn starch" is actually your "corn flour" and vice versa...dunno, it's been a few years).

Last edited:
if you use KY, keep in mind that it might look a bit odd for a group of guys to be in the changing room and a tube of KY laying on the counter top........... LOL

Not weird for you Randy. We all understand. :)

I use a food-grade UV protectant spray. They have it at the dive shops - used for cleaning and protecting dive gear. I like that it puts moisture back int the latex seals instead of drying them out like talc does.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom