One Curacao Lodging or Two?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Tom,

What is your take of the Dive Bus. I have 1 day in December to do some diving (taking a cruise), and saw their website. Their prices look pretty inexpensive so I wasn't sure if they are a good shop or not.

Kat

Kat, can't say enough good things about them. My wife and I have made over 100 dives each with them over the past 4 years. My wife Ow Cert. with Suzy in 2006 and we've both did classes with Team Dive Bus up to Rescue. Great people, loads of fun, awesome diving, and works well for divers with limited dive time since they pick you up ands drop you of at the ship. Email Suzy at the website and she can fill you in on all of the new things going on. Really love CUR. Have done dives on west end from OE West dock. Really beautiful place and with OE at Breeze's and had good times. But the services that the Dive Bus excels at fit best for us. If you ever get back to Curacao for a longer stay, a must do is pizza at Sunshine's Sol Food.:cool2:
Tom

Hi Tom,

What is your take of the Dive Bus. I have 1 day in December to do some diving (taking a cruise), and saw their website. Their prices look pretty inexpensive so I wasn't sure if they are a good shop or not.

Kat

I haven't been to Curacao recently and certainly haven't used Dive Bus. We're reasonably experienced shore divers, having been to Bonaire 4 times.
So I don't think I'd use a guide for shore diving, except possibly for a challenging North Shore dive, like the Tunnel of Doom...

Having said that, Dive Bus sounds like an ideal choice for a one-day cruise-ship visit where you might not have all your gear.

Last edited:
You could even combine that with getting some loompias at famous Wa On China snack on the way back

Yeah my girlfriend read about loompias in Sunshine's notes which she provided us with, prior to our Curacao trip. For the first 2 or 3 days we were looking all over for these chinese places so we could try them out. Ulimately we were successful but not before walking into a few places and due to the language barrier, finding a puzzled clerk on the other side of the "jail bars" that seem to exist in all of these places to protect the clerks from some unseen potential threat.

In one place, we said "we want l-o-o-m-p-i-a-s" very slowly and ennunciated as much as possible, and the clerk responded with 'howe meeny do you vant?"

We got excited and said "Just two!". We were ready to high five one another when we realized that the clerk was returning to the counter with two cans of Pringles potato chips. No joke.

How do I book a trip to Rediho and Watamula, these must-dive sites?
I'm staying at Breezes, doing most of my diving through OE, OE doesn't seem to offer those locations, as far as I can tell.

How do I book a trip to Rediho and Watamula, these must-dive sites?
I'm staying at Breezes, doing most of my diving through OE, OE doesn't seem to offer those locations, as far as I can tell.

Ocean Encounters West goes to those sites, it's a short boat ride from their location. Figure about 45 minutes car ride to get to them from Breezes. Assuming you don't get lost.

..:: Ocean Encounters West Curacao ::..

Sorry, I just saw I got a response from a thread I started a week ago. Thank you though, again. :)

Back
Top Bottom