One day dive adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

breken

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok guys, I'm reaching out for advice. I'm going to be down in the Tampa area for work next week, and it looks like I'll have one full day to dive either Friday or (maybe Tuesday). I'll have a rental car so I can move a decent distance from Tampa if required.

I'm from the Northwest and haven't dove at all in Florida before, what would you guys recommend for a single day of diving? Any chance for a Manatee experience? (That's something I can't see close to home)

Thanks,

-B

There is a few shallow shore dives close to Tampa, One being Venice for some fossils, 2 Spanish rocks just south of here. Both are shallow dives. Boat dives out in the gulf are always ifi this time of year. As far as Manatees If your going on the weekend Id recomend Plantation Dive Shop In Crystal River. Their boats DONT get packed to death, and visit the exact same site as others. Id offer to take the beach buggy out, but currently doing maint on all three lower units. I do have a very slow next week and looking to get wet weather in Tampa or the Keys. If your looking for a buddy let me know.

I'd go w/ Manatees over a shore dive. It's snorkeling only, although some operators have an option for a dive w/o manatees at another site afterwards. As far as operators, Plantation is good, Bird's Underwater is also highly recommended. Stay away from American Pro. Depending on where you are in Tampa, it's only about 1 to 1.5 hours away. Check w/ them for schedules, but this is prime time so you should be able to find something to fit your schedule.

John

Thank you very much, I'm probably going with Plantation on Friday 12/19 for a morning Manatee snorkel, followed by an afternoon dive. Should be fun, can't wait. Now I just have to decide how much gear I want to bring with me.

Thank you very much, I'm probably going with Plantation on Friday 12/19 for a morning Manatee snorkel, followed by an afternoon dive. Should be fun, can't wait. Now I just have to decide how much gear I want to bring with me.

The Manatee's are definately here went last leeked saw 30 plus.There is a smaller shop called adventure diving and they are also pretty good shop.Beware of bird his personality is a little diffrent.I live here in crystal river and I visit all the shops except for Dive Pro.All of the shops here will provide you with what you need so I would not bring much wile you are here ck out rainbow river pretty cool place and some interesting stuff has beef found there.If you need any info and I will give you my number pm me with any questiond

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom