One day to dive (cruise) Non diver in tow.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

putawaywet

Registered
Reaction score
Hope this is not a redundant question. I searched other threads and found similar subjects but I have 1 variable. The wife does not dive. She'll snorkel but won't dive.
Taking Royal Caribbean into Roatan. Arrive at 9am and depart at 6pm. I would like to get a dive or two in and also have the wife be able to snorkel around as opposed to sitting on a boat. I prefer shallow dives anyway (30 to 50 feet).
Royal C. offers some dive packages in they re shore excursions but seem to be geared toward cert. divers only.
Anyone know of any dive operators near the cruise dock and would it be worth my time to try and book on my own or 'wing it'?

I'll let this thread marinate before I ask anymore.

Thanks,
John

I think he may have meant that the excursions cater to certified divers and therefore would not accomodate a snorkeller...

You could contact coconut tree divers in West End (Coconut Tree Divers - Roatan, Honduras). They do two afternoon fun dives that are shallower. (1pm and 2:30pm) If there is room on the boat, they will let someone ride along so I am sure if you make arrangements ahead of time you should be okay. The only drawback...I doubt they will pick you up so you would have to get from Coxen hole to West End. Walk into Coxen Hole and find a collectivo taxi going to west end. It should only cost you 30 limperia or about $1.50 per person.

Mottja,
Thanks for the info.. Looks as though they accommodate snorkelers as well and have a extensive daily schedule.
Appreciate it.

Deckhand,
Yes. NAUI advanced rescue diver.

I waited until you showed us your c-card. :wink:

The West and North will have deeper dives and larger, more familiar fish. lobsters, etc.

Shallow stuff and cool critters? South side. Any dive site that you wind up at can be done 35' max or if you want to drop over the edge and do the straight vertical wall you'll find the first level of sand at about 90 feet. No need for that. The cool stuff is shallow. Pipefishes, Seahorses, Arrow Blennies, Jawfish, Squid, Rough Blennies... the entire Paul Humann Reef Fish ID list.

You can do this through Subway Watersports, Fantasy Island and CoCoView.

Subway might be able to split you up into two different boat excursions. It's worth an email to inquire.

I would put my dime on CoCoView for your specific needs. The shore dive there alone would keep both of you grinning. You would enter the water and essentially be within 100 yards of each other. The highlight is a wreck in sandy bottom of 35>65fsw.

The same situation from FIBR, but the snorkeling is a bit further from their entry point, otherwise also a good fit.

The deal for CCV activities@cocoviewresort.com
Subway scuba diving & snorkeling
FIBR

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom