One more day and I'm off to Guam and Australia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColdH20diving once bubbled...
Caymaniac did you get my response

Yes, I got your message, tell me more about a day trip to Lizard Island, this sounds like a great idea.

Caymaniac:)

You guys are on the right track...all the islands up in North Queensland offer exceptional diving. Two of the best trips that you can do are the wreck of the Yongalla (leaving from Townsville) and the Coral Sea trip also leaving from Townsville.

The Yongalla wreck can be done in a day but its better to book a livaboard where you stay overnight. Last year it was voted in the top 5 wreck dives in the world.

And the Coral Sea trip...its a longer trip as it takes 20 odd hours to get there from Townsville but it will just blow your socks off. They have a shark feeding dive, where 20 to 30 white tip reef sharks go wild and some of the best deep blue water diving that I have ever seen.

When you make it to Sydney give me a call and I'll happily take you to some of the best dive sites around here, any excuse for me to get in the water.

The Yongala and Coral Sea is absolutely fantastic, but I was also told our trip had incredible weather, calm seas, and a superb crew/group. I shot 32 rolls of film and did every dive offered.

*Click Here* to see my photos of the Mike Ball SpoilSport trip

Click ENTER to go into the album and see 22 photos.
Find the small SLIDESHOW icon and RUN SLIDESHOW.
Supersize the photos by selecting PHOTO SIZE: ORIGINAL SIZE

Ther seemed to be a good amount of soft coral, was that mostly at the Yongala or the Coral Sea?

Caymaniac:)

Back
Top Bottom