one more time, LP tank without + rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think you need to be a little clearer. An 'aluminum 80' holds 77 cf at 3000psi.

Is this a steel tank?

Yeah, steel faber LP80 is what I am refering to. It, at 10% over fill (2640psi) hold 78cf of air. I am currently having an AL80, I am NOT looking to get another one.

BITD Faber made some LP80 for ScubaPro that were 7" in diameter. I do not know the exact specs but probably similar to the one they made that are 7.25" in diameter.

With ANY cylinder that has a plus rating you ONLY get the FULL capacity when INCLUDING the 10% overfill. Many get confused over this point but you have it right.

So back to your original question should you buy it over a LP72? In many ways the LP80 is an updated version of the LP72. Faber makes good cylinders. IMHO the reason the lp72 tends to be cheaper is because they are "old", have small "capacity", etc. all of which makes them a good deal. $150 is a reasonable asking price for an updated version. I would buy it over a AL80. Go check out the cylinder and if looks good (including looking at the inside) offer a $100.

Thank for the suggestion. I will see what I can do with the seller.

Back
Top Bottom