One night in Port Moresby...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi
We need one night accommodation on our way up to Walindi in September. I just checked prices and nearly has a heart attack:shocked2: I only want a room -I don't want to buy the hotel....Can anyone suggest the best place to stay , bearing in mind that our flight out is at 6am, so lengthy transfers would not be a great idea if we can avoid it.

Thanks so much

hahaha
An overnight in PM!!! Take your credit card!!!
This is one of the factors that put me off a trip on the Febrina. Planning a flight from Cairns to PM i was unable to make the domestic connection to Hoskins, resulting in an overnight in PM.
I looked on wotif.com. Most of the hotels were over $300 per night!!!some over $450 per night!!!

Yes the prices are astronomical . Never mind -such is life. It still works out cheaper than the extra $800 it would have cost us to fly with Qantas on a flight that connected straight up to Kimbe. I'm sure the diving will ease the pain.....:)

I stayed at Loloata Resort, about 20 minutes from the airport. Much cheaper than PM hotels and they provide transfers. Worth spending a few days diving there, too.

It's a short boat ride to the island. I took the same flight to Hoskins for a trip on the FeBrina.

Supply and Demand.

Spend the money, enjoy your stay at the hotel. It is a small % of the overall cost of your trip.

PNG is worth it!

Just think how nice it will be :cool2:.

BTW, when I got there my luggage was delayed. There is a chinese store at the airport. I think my whole new wardrobe cost less than $10 U.S. dollars.

Reactions: Heg
We also stayed at Loloata Island Resort for one night! It was AWESOME and I can not remember it being super expensive! 6am is early but they might take you over early on the boat! It is worth it to go there!

THanks guys. I have emailed Loloata to see if they can offer us a room.

Also.. we had friends from our boat that stayed in the city and they were behind the huge walls of the hotel for safety the whole time. We , on the other hand, did a nice little hike up the mountain on the Island, enjoyed the animals there and also were able to fit in one dive where we saw our first
rhinopias( 4 of them.) I hope it works out for you!

Back
Top Bottom