One vs. two o-rings in light head?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phenol

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
This may seem like an odd question, but has anyone seen / used lights that have two thin o-rings instead of one large one, in the same groove, in a screw-in light head?

I sent in a Pelican Nemo 4C for servicing (bulb/circuitry problem), and got it back no questions asked. However, while the original light head was sealed with one tick o-ring, the one I got back had two thin ones that the light head is supposed to squeeze down on. I've had lights with double o-rings, but each was in its own groove. This one just seems odd, and I hesitate to bring it in the water. Am I making too much of this?

Thanks for any comments...

2 thins O rings will not seal in a groove designed for 1 thick one.
Are you sure its not a single X ring? ( if thats the correct term?)

I googled "x-ring" and that's not it: it's two single o-rings, about 1.5 mm thick and 50-60 mm diameter, one on top of each other.

Unless I hear otherwise from Pelican (new design? mistake?) I think I'll return it.

Back
Top Bottom