Online Warranties

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank601

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
What manufacturers support Lifetime warranty for BCDs, Regs, Dive Computers .. etc.
When purchasing online?:coffee:

:popcorn:

I suspect that most will. But you will have to shop in the right place. For example, how about a Scubapro Mk25/A700: Scubapro MK25 A700. Regulators Regulators, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, scuba

Now, your local USA Scubapro retailer may well decline to honor the warranty. They can do that (as can any local dealer for any of the manufacturers). So you probably have to fall back on using a Scubapro Service Center for support. And their prices tend to be quite high so as not to compete with LDSs. And, if it is a Scubapro USA Service Center, I would not be surprised if they did everything possible to make you regret your purchase.

IMO, the price (initial and subsequent annual installment) you end up paying for a long term warranty for scuba gear will greatly exceed the value of the warranty.

Extra butter on mine please.

What manufacturers support Lifetime warranty for BCDs, Regs, Dive Computers .. etc.
When purchasing online?:coffee:

Actually, a pretty simply question and a very easy answer.....any manufacturer that permits internet sales will honor any warranty they offer, providing you comply with the terms of the agreement. The Limited Lifetime Warranty most offer is really just a free parts agreement. Of course, Aqua Lung and ScubaPro will not honor it if purchased online. They don't allow online sales as a valid means of distribution. But to my knowledge, almost all others will.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Actually, a pretty simply question and a very easy answer.....any manufacturer that permits internet sales will honor any warranty they offer, providing you comply with the terms of the agreement. The Limited Lifetime Warranty most offer is really just a free parts agreement. Of course, Aqua Lung and ScubaPro will not honor it if purchased online. They don't allow online sales as a valid means of distribution. But to my knowledge, almost all others will.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Phil - Don't you mean that Aqualung USA and Scubapro USA won't honor it (or at least say they won't). Diveinn (in Spain) sells both AL and SP on their web site and claimes to be an authorized dealer for both. Scubapro reg link in post above. Aqualung reg link: Aqualung Legend Glacia ACD 2009. Regulators Regulators, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, scuba And the free parts agreement is only in the USA markets and not an integral part of the manufacturer's warranty although it shares same conditions.

Back
Top Bottom