Ontario, Canada and Hemp extracts, CBD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This is a last minute request for info. But does anyone that crosses from USA TO ONTARIO, and back have a concern about Cannibinoid CBD extracts? On another thread, it was considered too risky to bring anything to Mexico, but Canada seems more reasonable, (plus I have heard their prisons are nicer, in case of the worst), and i am driving up tonight.
If anyone can tell me their experience/knowledge before i hit the border, it would save me from gobbling a bag of CBD gummies like Cheech and Chong’s middle aged groupie.

Start munching
Just like in several parts of the country, it is also legal in Ontario – although there are certain conditions that govern who sells or buys it. Companies that need to produce and sell the Cannabidiol product have to be licensed by Health Canada and those who wish to buy must have a prescription.

PS you can't take it across the border either.

Start munching
Just like in several parts of the country, it is also legal in Ontario – although there are certain conditions that govern who sells or buys it. Companies that need to produce and sell the Cannabidiol product have to be licensed by Health Canada and those who wish to buy must have a prescription.

PS you can't take it across the border either.
Thank you! I hadn’t left yet, so i can leave CBD products at home and bring Alleve instead.

.....Just like in several parts of the country, it is also legal in Ontario.....

Just an aside, for the record there are no differences from Province to Province in laws governing marihuana and other controlled drugs.

All laws regarding pot are Federal. There ARE some regional differences in how and when these laws are actually enforced, but legally no different laws in Ontario compared to other provinces. There is a law unique to Ontario about relaxed "no smoking" laws to allow medically legal smoking, but all other laws remain Federal.

Of course all this is about to change in July 2018!

At which point it will STILL be illegal to bring it across the border in either direction.

At which point it will STILL be illegal to bring it across the border in either direction.
Ya, the government doesn't want anyone interfering with their monopoly. :wink:

This is a last minute request for info. But does anyone that crosses from USA TO ONTARIO, and back have a concern about Cannibinoid CBD extracts? On another thread, it was considered too risky to bring anything to Mexico, but Canada seems more reasonable, (plus I have heard their prisons are nicer, in case of the worst), and i am driving up tonight.
If anyone can tell me their experience/knowledge before i hit the border, it would save me from gobbling a bag of CBD gummies like Cheech and Chong’s middle aged groupie.

To be safe, you can leave your things at home and stop by a local Marijuana store to restock. Most don't need much in terms of signing up, but maybe they will only sell to local residents? And you might have to shop around for edible CBD products.
Or maybe you can mail order something and pick it up somewhere in canada.... like to a hotel or something? That is, unless you've already went on your trip here and this advice is too late.

To be safe, you can leave your things at home and stop by a local Marijuana store to restock. Most don't need much in terms of signing up, but maybe they will only sell to local residents? And you might have to shop around for edible CBD products.
Or maybe you can mail order something and pick it up somewhere in canada.... like to a hotel or something? That is, unless you've already went on your trip here and this advice is too late.
Thank you, but since hockey Season is over, I don’t know when I’ll be back to Canada. I decided to never bring CBD across borders, taking a break from supplements won’t be too bad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom