Ontario "tactical" knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, thanks for all the great input. The Squeeze Lock looks like a really good one. Thanks for making the point (so to speak) about pointed blades vs. blunt. Yeah, I can imagine sticking myself while trying to put the knife back in the sheath.

Since I will be diving north of San Francisco, I certainly don't want to attract any cold-water sharks with my own blood! (However, I hear that Homo Sapiens have a bad flavor and they usu. spit us back out...):eek:ut:

I have also been looking at the Underwater Kinetics web site. Looks like they have one similar to the Squeeze Lock and the Gerber Shorty.

http://www.uwkinetics.com/ProductDisplay_prmenbr=91&prrfnbr=5156.htm

The Remora is similar: 3" blade with serrations, and a blunt tip.

ONSP24 Ontario Spec Plus USN-1 Clip Point With Line Cutter 5" Blade is a next generation knife based on the old Jet Pilot Survival knife.

heres a good knife....I have one just like it (a generic knock off actually). Takes a beating keeps on cutting...not that I cut much with it but when I do its there... I like the basic design. The Serrated end and the line cutter word great. I used it to cut my buddy out of kevlar fishing line on a Niagra River dive...if I had'nt had serrations I never could have done it. If I had had EMT shears I'd still be cutting her legs free. Shears have their place but not under water in my opinion either do straight hollow ground blades.

http://shop.diversdirect.com/script...Item=34359&Template=9990000001000999&Group=75

I like the blunt tip myself...

Hope all these options help!

Back
Top Bottom