Open Water Certification in Victoria

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

summersteel

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking to get certified in April for a trip in May and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to get trained?

From searching on the web it seems there is no shortage of stores offering courses at around the same price point. Are they all of the same caliber or are some better than others?

I have no idea.. but the place near Odgen point looks great, cause your checkout dives are in Odgen point and that's a good dive site :)

Well Island diving has just reopened its doors, Island Diving 778-426-3483 Get your open water in a drysuit for 399 pm me if you need anymore info:)

I subscribed to the thread but never got this notification :(

Anyways I went with Wilson Diving and am about 3/4 of the way through the course.

They were more flexible with their scheduling than other places but they are the most expensive that I found in my search. I'm quite happy with everything so far.

I highly recommened Beyond Deep Diving. They cater to all levels of training from recreational diving to deep tech diving.

I highly recommened Beyond Deep Diving. They cater to all levels of training from recreational diving to deep tech diving.

When I was looking for a shop, they were the cheapest but their schedule didn't work with mine.

Hi

I have a dive club, no fee's, for Victoria. BC. When you are certified send me an email, and I will arrange a dive outing for you.

John Drummond
Vancouver Island & Victoria B.C. Diving & Travel Website

Anyways I went with Wilson Diving and am about 3/4 of the way through the course.

They were more flexible with their scheduling than other places but they are the most expensive that I found in my search. I'm quite happy with everything so far.

How did you like taking it through Wilson Diving?

How did you like taking it through Wilson Diving?

I liked it a lot. The class size was small with just three people so we each got a lot of attention. The instructor was experienced, a good teacher and fun to be around. The format was 4 evening sessions split with class and pool time and then two day sessions with two dives each. Included in the $450 cost is all your equipment except fins, mask and snorkel and a free rental that essentially gets you another two dives. Exposure suits are wet, not dry. They have a package deal that gets you all that missing equipment which I took advantage of. It's SSI certification but they do PADI too I think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom