Open Water taught in Thai Language

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whooyeah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is there anywhere that teaches the open water course in thai language or has and instructor that at least speaks thai?

All PADI Open Water course materials are available in Thai. There are plenty of Thai instructors, male and female, working at all dive locations around Thailand, maybe let us know where you will be or where you are planning to take your course, that will make it easier to give recommendations.

Ray Divers at Samae San are good if you are in the Pattaya area Thai owned and run shop, catering mainly to Thai customers. And significantly cheaper than the farrang owned shops within pattaya that cater for the tourist market. PM me if you would like ther telephone number.

Is there anywhere that teaches the open water course in thai language or has and instructor that at least speaks thai?

Sure! Here are a couple of folks to look into. In BKK; Dumnam, and in Krabi; Aonang. They have good websites in Thai.

Dumnam.com - Scuba Course - ?????????? ???????????????
อ่าวนาง กระบี่ ดำน้ำอ่าวนาง กระบี่ เที่&

Cheers,
Bill

Thanks for the replies, we are in Australia now.

My GF is thai and going home soon but she is from Chiang Mai.

I will get some more details when we know exactly where we'll be.

This is a little late, but my wife and I studied at Koh kood divers in 2010. Koh kood is just past Koh Chang and alongside the border with Cambodia. we stayed at one of the resorts in the small bay where the dive shop is located and had a fabulous week. Jesse was a great dive master, recently relocated from, I think Koh Tao. My wife, who is Thai, would never have learned if not for the Thai DM that helped her. We both had our own individual teachers for the OW course! It was fantastic to do the confined dives in the bay right off the pier. I can't recommend this place enough, we both have fond memories of the experience still.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom