Wanted Opinion - Collectors Question.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axxel57

Contributor
Reaction score
Here in this forum there might be also some collectors, so my question.
If I have a collectors item, for example a G250 Blue Rhapsody/Clear Air together with the MK20 with the same S/N (or an original MK19-G250V), is it worth to keep them together, in case one day I want to sell these G250s, or should I sell the common 1st stages after service as I do with other E-Bay purchases?
If I buy Vintage Regs, usually I like to have the original combos.
Mk20/25s are still very common and I guess they will be still for quite a while, so what do you think?

Matching serial numbers is only useful in my opinion if you're selling the entire regulator box, manual etc etc in mint condition. If you don't have the documents, original box and other parts anymore I don't see the reason for a collector to care about serial matching.

the buyers that are not diehard collectors for these regs could care less about the serial number matching because they'll end up diving them.

Ofcourse there might the one collector that is chasing matched serial numbers, but we have to be very honest to ourselves as well. There are very little serious single hose collectors.

Most of the collectors who are willing to pay big bucks for regulators are looking for gc-45's, weird intact pirelli's, dräger dolphin 2's, porpoise regs etc.

Sadly there is such a small collector's market for single hose regs, I don't really think it makes sense to try and preserve modern regs in the hopes of them gaining value. Especially not the mk19 g250v set. The other g250's the only ones that catch real money are the completely clear crystal ones.

The rhapsody covers are not that collectible in my opinion.
I've seen the crystals between 150-250 euros easily. The rhapsody covered g250's around 50-60 euros

I have + - 40 single hose regulators, so my statement might be a bit contradictory, but even in mint condition the real market value of them is just too low and they are barely resellable unless you have something extraordinary.

Back
Top Bottom