Opinions on Cressi..?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have both cressi elipse titanium and mares mr22, prefer the cressi 2nd stage because it is so much lighter in the mouth otherwise they are about the same, cressi tends to slightly freeflow after about 50 dives and needs resetting while the mr22 is more robust.

I think the bottom line is you get what you pay for. Comparing the Abyss MR22 to the Cressi Ellipse MC7 is comparing apples to oranges. The Abyss is top of the line model with a price to match. The Cressi is more entry level, also with a price to match. But what you get with Cressi at an entry level price far exceeds, e.g., Mares if you compare the Cressi Ellipse MC7 to say a Mares Proton MR12.

Ironically enough, I feel like if Cressi is lacking in any one area it is in the fins department, which is were they have been strong historically. I just happen to be a fan of split fins and I'm not bagging on Cressi for not offering any split fin models, but they don't even have any models with modern channeling technology. I recently dove an old pair of Rondine A fins which I have in the closet and they were like leg cramp machines. Couldn't wait to get back into my split fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom