Opinions on Oceanic VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

airizzy

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I currently have a Sherwood Wisdom II. My wife has been eying the wisdom. Chances are she will get my wisdom and I have been thinking about going wireless. The VT3 with the retractor compass mount is tempting me. Any opinions? Thanks.

I went from the Wisdom II to the VT3 and am very happy with it. If you go with the VT3, be sure to get the Deep Sea Supply bungee mount for it.

I currently have a Sherwood Wisdom II. My wife has been eying the wisdom. Chances are she will get my wisdom and I have been thinking about going wireless. The VT3 with the retractor compass mount is tempting me. Any opinions? Thanks.

I also went from the Wisdom II to Aeris Elite T3 (VT3 by another name). The Elite T3 has been faithfully discharging its duties for two years now. Definitely no complaints by my part. The Wisdom II is my reserve. Though I prefer the T3 on my wrist instead of retractor.

I have a VT3 and it's worked beautifully so far. I dove with a Datamax Pro Plus for years. So I've used both styles now, console and wrist.

The VT3 is a very solid and dependable recreational dive computer. It should serve you well.

-Charles

I have had the VT3 for two seasons so far. Yes, you will experience signal loss at times. Yes, for some people it is to large. That being said - it quickly reestablished signal - scans every two seconds. And, as an older diver - I like the larger display. And one other thought - I really like being able to monitor my wife's air with the second sensor. No more asking how is your air!

The VT3 is an excellent choice. All the previously mentioned features and a gauge mode mean you will grow into it, not out of it.

My VT3 is my favorite piece of gear! It's only the item I haven't had second thoughts on after purchase. It has everything you need for rec diving and more. You won't be disappointed.

Warmwaterturner: When do you lose signal? I've used the VT3 for 25 dives, and I have never lost the signal.

I have had the VT3 for two seasons so far. Yes, you will experience signal loss at times. Yes, for some people it is to large. That being said - it quickly reestablished signal - scans every two seconds. And, as an older diver - I like the larger display. And one other thought - I really like being able to monitor my wife's air with the second sensor. No more asking how is your air!

You may like to know that it actually scans continously although the polling can be set for once every 2 seconds to once every 60 seconds. It must be noted however that the shorter the polling interval used the fewer dives that can be retained in memory between downloads without losing data. When using the 2 second polling interval I would recommend downloading daily. Using the 15 second polling you may be fine for and entire week of diving.

As for my opinion of the VT3 I find it to be one of the best options for a wireless AI recreational dive computer.

My husband and I have been diving with VT3 computers for over 3 years and have found them to be extremely solid and reliable. When we first got them, it appears there was a "bad batch" that put them into altitude mode, but Oceanic immediately replaced them with brand new units, no questions, no hassle. The replacements ones are just over 2 years old and going strong, no hiccups, no problems.

We started with them on retractors with the compass mounts, but within a year had moved them to the wrist and much happier with that configuration. We also very rarely lose the signal, but it is always reaquired within seconds, so no big deal.

they are great.
Oceanic is great. My first VT3 was off by ten degrees on temp. They replaced with another one. That one did that altitude thing and lost link. Sent it back got brand new one. over a 100 dives later no replacement of batteries and I cant think of a time it lost signal.

Back
Top Bottom