Opinions on Seacsub Dry suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vimaldude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking to get into Dry Suit. I live in N. California and dive mostly around Monterey/Carmel area. So far I have been using 7mm wetsuit. I dive with my son and so I will need 2 dry suit packages. The price is very important consideration. I do about 10 dives/yr in Monterey (may do more if diving dry).

I came across Seacsub Dry Plus brand on DiveInn scubastore. They are selling for under $600/=.

My question is: how good are these? Are these suitable for first time buy?
Any opinions would be welcome.

I would recomend seaskin.com for suits. look around treir web site. I have 2 of them and would recomend them for the price.

Russ

I would recomend seaskin.com for suits. look around treir web site. I have 2 of them and would recomend them for the price.

Russ

Thanks for the tip.
I checked out the site and it looks great. A custom fit trilam for that price is unbelievable.
How good are these suits? Are they well made? What are the pluses/minuses in your opinion?

I have 2 suits from them. I have been happy with their products. I went with socks on the last suit i purchased from them. I like boots with laces better than slip on so I dong get floaty feet.

Have someone else do your measurments, not your self.

I went with a big and a small pocket on the legs and really like the big pockets. Dont get the warm neck option. It is a little cumberson.

The shipping was expensive but they overnight fed ex the suit to you.

I figured for what I saved on a custom suit around here I could pay for any repairs and still be saving money.

I personaly like my neoprene suit better than my tri lam.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom