opinions on Zeagle Ranger bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have an opinion on the Zeagle Ranger LTD bcd?
Thanks, Spencer

This might work out better in the Buoyancy Compensator part of the forums. :wink:

I love my Zeagle Ranger LTD. Being tall and skinny, the option to order different sizes of the two pieces helped tremendously in the comfort and fit department.

Here are the only "bad" things I can say about it:

1. The shop that I work for doesn't carry Zeagle. I have to wear something that the shop carries when I teach; therefore, I can't use the Zeagle.

2. For travel, the Zeagle was a bit heavy. My backplate and wing are lighter and smaller which help in the packing department. In fairness to the Zeagle, I did look for a smaller wing specifically for warm water travel.

i have a ranger ltd.
i feel very comfortable with it while diving.
it is a tad heavy,however the quality of the material used and the workmanship offsets the weight for me.
another plus is that it offers so many options to the diver.
one can adjust for size and can carry one or two bottles

I've been using a Ranger for about 10 years. Prior to that I had a Zeagle 7200, which is close to their "Concept BC" in their current line. For traveling, I have a Zeagle Scout. I have been very happy with Zeagle. As another poster mentioned, the highly modular construction that allows you to order different parts of the BC in different sizes makes it possible to fit a Zeagle to nearly anyone.

Also, the Ranger is a very "sturdy" BC. As I said, I've had mine for 10 years and it shows no need of replacing.

I have a ranger, dove it for 5 years. Was great. Then got into a BP/W and now i hate my ranger. although if i couldnt use a BP/W i would be using my ranger.

My team has been using Zeagle for around 20 years. We use the Tech's and Ranger's. Nobody abuses BC's more than we do and we have never damaged one other than the occasional broken tank buckle. Great choice.

Gary D

Great BC. Very comfortable, very durable, very functional. The only downside I see is there there is a lot of material in it. It is heavier AND seems a bit positive. I find I need to wear substantial lead when I dive it.
wallacm:
I have a ranger, dove it for 5 years. Was great. Then got into a BP/W and now i hate my ranger. although if i couldnt use a BP/W i would be using my ranger.
I also stopped diving mine when I moved to BP/W. Still love the Ranger, just don't dive it much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom