Options other than a wetsuit for Pregnant woman snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jennfl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be 5 mos pregant when we arrive in Bonaire in four weeks! We will be snorkeling, ALOT! I've been looking online for a "pregancy wetsuit" without any luck.

I want to wear something in the water that will both protect me and keep me warmer. Something not too tight and confining. Maybe two pieces. Any suggestions?

I'm sure the custom shops can do something but 4 weeks could be tight.

A 3mm suit isn't all that expensive and you may already have a used on to sacrifice. 3mm neoprene and some wetsuit cement would let you fabricate a modified tummy panel easily if you're a little clever. Get someone else to do the glue work, you don't want your little buddy getting high! It's all adaptive gear, just think out of the box.

Pete

The original Henderson Hyperstretch would work just fine for you. It has enough stretch capacity to accomodate your tummy and it is a very comfortable suit. A one piece would work just fine.

I would not use any form of wetsuit. Rather use a thermal vest and hoodie with your regular swimsuit. If this is still not enough, rather skip the snorkelling.

I would have my man, (my wetsuit man) stitch in a couple of side panels
if I found myself that far along, and I almost have, and then have him or
her remove them.

After a few years of Zumba.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom