Options to mount Gopro to housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marty Bess

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Could someone lead me to the right parts to mount my GoPro to my Iklite housing? I have attached a picture showing some kind of flexible arm other than the Loc-line hose. Does anyone know where I can look at this flex arm as attached?

Also, how can a mount a flex-arm to my housing??

Thanks - Marty

Capture.PNG

This looks like a SeaLife Flex-Connect arm with ball joints on each end, although they make a GoPro adapter for it as well.

You can also mount it directly on the cold shoe without messing around with butterfly clamps:

Is there room on the bottom of the mount? You can flip the video in editing and it's probably easier and more solid than trying to find something on top.

Is there room on the bottom of the mount? You can flip the video in editing and it's probably easier and more solid than trying to find something on top.
Opps yes, here's the rig and it has a tray along the bottom.

Attachments

• PXL_20221230_001225563.jpg
    PXL_20221230_001225563.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 144
This looks like a SeaLife Flex-Connect arm with ball joints on each end, although they make a GoPro adapter for it as well.

You can also mount it directly on the cold shoe without messing around with butterfly clamps:
(Yes that is a good thought, thank you! )..... I myself am not sure it is the SeaLife. The SeaLife's outer skin has ridges and it seems smoother. I guess it could just be one of those you mount to a car dash that have a round aluminum bar in them. ❓

So I guess I should have explained it is the Iklite housing with no shoe on the top so it will need I guess a GoPro stick-on base?? Does anyone know how the GoPro stick-on base-mounts hold up in saltwater?

Attachments

• PXL_20221230_001225563.jpg
    PXL_20221230_001225563.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 118
The GoPro branded stick-on bases with the 3M tape are practically indestructible on a hard smooth surface. They don't stick well on something with a textured surface like a polyethylene kayak, though.

So I guess I should have explained it is the Iklite housing with no shoe on the top so it will need I guess a GoPro stick-on base?? Does anyone know how the GoPro stick-on base-mounts hold up in saltwater?
It looks like you're using a single handle base; how about adding the other handle and mounting the GoPro on that?

It looks like you're using a single handle base; how about adding the other handle and mounting the GoPro on that?
Yes, that will probably be what I will have to do I guess. I was trying to keep the weight and bulk down, plus I wasn't sure how I would get it centered on the subject when it's off to the side but I have seen others do it so it must work fine. Thanks

If you are using the wide field of view setting (170 degrees) it won't matter. Just get closer.

Back
Top Bottom