"+" or "-" storage for Poseidon Odin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have heard about 50% of the technicians tell me to store my Poseidon Odin in the "+" position and the other 50% tell me to store it in the "-" position. The Poseidon company emailed me and said the "+" is correct.

One of Poseidon's technical shops in the U.K.(they only work on Poseidon's) told me the "-" position is best. They explained it this way: "the "-" position supports the diaphram preventing possible deformation of the diaphram when stored. This deformation can result in free flow.

The "-" seemed logical to me but then the Poseidon company says "+"

Does anyone know for sure? I have to go with the manufactuer's recommendation right now.

Mike

When you put the regulator in the "-" position, a small plastic finger raises up and presses on the diaphragm making it less sensitive. In the old days, when they were made of rubber, it was extremely important to keep that finger off the diaphragm to prevent rubber memory. With today's silicone rubber compounds, that "memory" is no longer a problem.

Just get in the habit of leaving it in the "+" position and you won't have any surprises when you get in the water.

Just my $.02

Ray

When you put the regulator in the "-" position, a small plastic finger raises up and presses on the diaphragm making it less sensitive. In the old days, when they were made of rubber, it was extremely important to keep that finger off the diaphragm to prevent rubber memory. With today's silicone rubber compounds, that "memory" is no longer a problem.

Just get in the habit of leaving it in the "+" position and you won't have any surprises when you get in the water.

What Ray says. The factory manual says to store it in the + position. I have a buddy's reg here for repairs and it's one of the OLD ones that still has the huge rubber diaphragm in it!
Norm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom