ordering from leisure pro.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before I joined Scuba Board and found Scuba Toys, I dealt with alot of the online stores. Like Larry, some were authorized dealers and LP has their own "match" warranty. All the stores I dealt with were good, some better than others. Diver's Direct was very customer friendly as was Joe Diver America. LP, while not the friendliest I contacted, handled everything well. I did unknowingly order the night before their passover holiday and delivery was delayed until they returned about 8 days later. However, 2 days later, UPS showed up and everything was just as ordered.

Love LeisurePro and Scubatoys. I have replace all of my gear in the last few months and have done so almost exclusively through them. No problems whatsoever.

I understand why people would buy from LP because it is the cheapest on a lot of things. My first advice is to just know what you're getting for the price. Don't just get it if it doesnt come with a manujfacture's warranty espeically for gears that you do need to spend money of: computer, bc, reg

With that said, I am a diver who only has 7 dives but have pretty much bought all my gear. I want to keep diving and so I invested in an awesome gear that i know I can have fun with and really get acclamated to. Anyway, of course I wasn't about to spend $2,000 on a gear so I did research all over the net and found that the best way is to look who has it cheapest and look for another shop who will match the price and will give you warranty as well.

Case in point. www.scuba.com is like right my backyard. They were selling a sherwood package I liked that is $300 more than LP. I emailed them, told them what I wanted, and they said they would match it and gave me warranty as well. It was that easy. You should inquire who offers a 150% Price Protection guarantee and go from there. I love scuba.com as they are very helpful and I would get more for what I had bargained for...advice on scuba diving. It is awesome :) LDS will never publish low prices, that one I cna guarantee so your best best is to ask and go there in person. They're not allowed to publish low markups but if you go there you maybe able to get a deal :) But my number one advice is DO YOUR RESEARCH then start negotiating!

Goodluck!

I purchased my reg, comp, and BCD from my local LDS. Everything else from Leisure Pro. They sell quality gear at a cheaper prize. I live in NYC and have been to their store. I have nothing bad to say about them.

I also am a satisfied LP customer. As for the warranty, if your equipment fails underwater, no warranty in the world will help you. Your skill and training will.

Another satisfied LP customer
Great prices and customer service

I have not had any problems with LP but I do try to support local stores whenever possible. Doing so helps support the local economy and proximity gives them the ability to provide much better customer service (although you need to find a store that will actually take advantage of this). As has already been said most stores have no problems cutting you a deal if you can show them cheaper prices somewhere else.

Scubatoys is also awesome, I just ordered some stuff from them today and it is already in the mail. They said I may even recieve it by tomorrow and the shipping was cheap. Of course that is because I live in Texas. I have also found scubatoys to have cheaper prices than LP on many things, and the scubaboard member discount overcompensates for the fact that I have to pay tax (since I live in texas). I think scubatoys may become my online LDS :)

~Jess

I puchased my equipment from LP and had no problems. There is the warrenty issue with some of the equipment. I still have my equipment service annually at a LDS. The cost is a bit higher without the warrenty.

Purchased several items from LP, and they delivered when they said it would be delivered, and at the shipping cost they said.
There are certian on line shops that will give you a shipping cost of: "About $7 to ship", and when you get your item, shipping will be $5 more.

Make sure all cost are clear when ordering on line.

Good luck!

I've purchased several things from LP and so far not a single issue, also not a single thing that if it broke would put into a situation where I could die either.

Use your best judgement, so far they have been great. Their customer service has been responsive to questions and the like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom