Original Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shorinjidude

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I bought about four years ago the original mares Nemo. (green screen) Went diving last year and so the unit was sent to Italy for a service and battery change.

Now I had the computer tucked away in my kit and the kit didn't find it's way to the liveaboard! So didn't dive on it.

I'm off to Malaysia in June, got out the Nemo the other day, all seems fine but when the water contact gets wet it no longer goes into 'dive mode'

Does it need to go back? Or will it be fine?

Cheers

Sean

Mine doesn't switch to dive mode until you submerge around 4 ft. The contacts do indicate "wet" above that or just from sweat. Try diving with it or at least under 4 ft. before your trip.

Yes the Nemo is pressure activated. This is to prevent excessive battery use. The range to activate is approximately 4-5ft as described by Don. Please be sure to try and submerge and test prior to your trip.

Best regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom