Oriskany Report/Pictures Saturday May 8th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went with the H2O Below on Saturday to dive the Oriskany. Weather was partly cloudy and seas were 1-3 feet. Seemed like there were more 3 footers then 1. We had a couple of sick divers on the trip that looked like they thought the waves were much bigger.

The H2O crew made for an easy and comfortable trip. When we arrived on site there was only one other dive boat anchored. We only saw one fishing boat the whole time on site. Both dives were great and went according to plan. Visibility was good, we estimated somewhere around 60 feet at depth.

h2obelow-1.jpg

obridge.jpg

olookingup.jpg

oflag.jpg

cudaupclose.jpg

angelono2.jpg

insidebridge.jpg

angelupclose.jpg

decoono.jpg

Swimming down the smoke stack
osmokestack.jpg

thumbsup.jpg

butterflyono.jpg

Bugs on the Oriskany

buginbag.jpg

bugsontheo.jpg

blackwhitedivers-1.jpg

Great pictures - what was the bottom temp??????

Great pics Glen.

Awesome photos Glen, great job!

It looks beautiful!! So sad that Andy and I had to cancel because of his foot. I'm not sure when he and I will get a chance to dive together again. :(

Great report and pictures as always. I hate I wasn't able to make it, but something came up and I had to head north earlier than expected. I did make it out Friday with a few friends from Niceville. I'll post a report when I get the chance.

Tom, there were two very distinct thermoclines on Saturday. I haven't downloaded temps from my computer yet. But surface temp were reported around 74 degrees. When we got to about 30 feet it went to 70 degrees. When we went down to the Admirals bridge (I think that is what that level is called) at 124 feet, it suddenly changed to about 65 degrees. I was taking some video when I hit that thermocline, you can hear me moan when that water hit me in the face. I made my way back up to about 90 feet and it was much better.

Viz was also much better at depth then it was in the first 30 feet.

Great pictures - what was the bottom temp??????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom