Orlando Scuba Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Orlando as well. I can't say that I've heard anything about that shop. I wish I could help you out there.

Have you signed for classes there yet? If you're looking for a good shop to get certified with, let me know. The shop I'm with is extremely good. The instructor is excellent. If you'd like their contact info just let me know... I'd be happy to forward it on to you.

Patrick

No idea about the Orlando Scuba Center.

I've been frequenting Northwest Divers and Nautilus Scuba Center.

Let us know how it goes.

Peter Doege

tagxprt:
Looking for anyone who has either attempted to or taken classes from Orlando Scuba Center in Casselberry, FL.

Hi there,

I have not heard anything about them too much so I can't help you out there. But if you have not signed up yet and looking for a great shop I would recommend Northwest Divers. www.nwdivers.com. That is where I got certified through and the instructors were excellent. I dive with them on a regular basis and they always fill my equipment needs as well.

Good luck!!

Almost two years after this thread was first posted, not sure what happened to the original poster either. With regard to OSC (not the science centre :wink: ), i tried to visit the store several times on 436/red bug, i only found it open once out of those various attempts (partly as i had a coupon for 1/2 price instruction from the entertainment book and wanted to see what this shop was about when i was looking for AOW and equipment). IMO the guy who runs the shop made me think "there is an accident waiting to happen" screaming at me as he tried to sell me a 100# wing for diving singles - i considered running at that point, but had a poke around the store regardless, he sells SP, OMS and some other bits and pieces, NAUI instruction, but the conversation i had with him regarding moving towads tech diving really unnerved me about him.

Other dive stores - i sometimes hit NWDivers for Zeagle stuff, but i get my fills at ScubaQuest on OBT (as its near work and fairly cheap for air), Oceans Unlimited were a store of choice, but they have recently moved and might be closing down from all accounts - so no more free air fills there. Still shopping for some decent LDS's in town, i find Divers Direct is best for the basics with no sales pressure. These are all my observations on going into the stores, i have yet to try a couple of them though. If i lived closer i might go to Kissimmee Pro Dive as they seemed a fairly well run LDS.

I have been into Orlando Scuba Center just before my wife and I got certified. Not real Impressed with the attitude there. Very cocky and not really concerned with my questions. Started out with low price for certification, then on to add this and that to a full 425.00,around that much. So my suggestion would be keep looking and ask questions.

tagxprt:
Looking for anyone who has either attempted to or taken classes from Orlando Scuba Center in Casselberry, FL.

You should take a minute and contact the UCF dive club, they have a lot to say about the OSC in Casselberry...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom