Oronogo 4-25 & 4-26?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im still new enough that I would prefer to do that with someone who has done it before.... there could be a scary monster down there!:confused:
Not that Iam scared of monsters... but my brother might be...:cool2:

Kyzzle,
The perch can be scary at times :D

Have fun!

yea the ones in oronogo (Perch) are down right pesky. They swim right up too you on the surface and love to hang out with you :)

Lol, yes the perch are NOT shy there! That is one of the things I like about that place. They will keep you company. They must have a little "piranha" in them. One time we were descending and those pesky little things were nibbling at our masks and hoods. My brother had a strand of hair sticking out from under his hood and they just kept trying to eat it, it was kinda funny.
Then before our second dive we were soaking in the shallows at the entrance there, no wet suits on yet, and a perch swam up and latched on to his nipple!! Its funny to watch a grown man scream! It was the first time I have seen anybody "nurse" a fish!:rofl3:

LOL I could only imagine. Id say for some unknown reason I love the extreme thermocline. Its funny to watch how someone goes under on a 90 degree day and comes up laughing about how the cold caught them off guard. Id say with the exception of that durned ramp its one of my more favorite places

Yes, the ramp can be challenging!! Especially with steel 120's, and all the other assorted gear!! Hope you all can make it out to dive with us soon. And I have seen what the perchana can do to a person. LOL!!

DW

Id say with the exception of that durned ramp its one of my more favorite places
I know right? Think theres anything we can do to help with that? One would think with as many classes that they do there, they would try to address that...

And I have seen what the perchana can do to a person. LOL!!DW

DW- That is the perfect name for those! It made me lol, when I read that!:rofl3:

Im not sure. I just wish he (John) would put at least some sort of stairs there at least part of the way down would help :) Once in the water though I love it there No boat traffic, No kids at least when I went screaming and hollering on the shore. Its just real peaceful and not to mention when it it 100 degrees out 50 on the bottom feels awesome!

How bout a water slide at the top of the hill??? That way we can all just suit up at the top of the hill and have a fun and fast water entry.... that or just leap off the cliffs!:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom