OSram Ostar LED Sources

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was planning on running this with 2 Li-Ions in S with 4 set of those in parellel.

I've been searching CPF all morning now and I think I'm going to buy some aspherics to test with this bulb. I threw one I had laying around on my P7 with suprising results.

Any reasons why none is using aspherics for dive lights?

I was planning on running this with 2 Li-Ions in S with 4 set of those in parellel.

I've been searching CPF all morning now and I think I'm going to buy some aspherics to test with this bulb. I threw one I had laying around on my P7 with suprising results.

Any reasons why none is using aspherics for dive lights?

Packhorse uses aspherics quite a bit with good results. The only thing with aespherics is that they show the shape of whatever LED you are using, depending on how focused you set them. So the SST beam will look square, the Osram you'll be able to see all the dies in it with all the lines... They also don;t give spill, all the light will be focused in one spot (big or small)

Hey DIW don't forget about me... I want two of each to begin with! How inefficient would this be with 2 LiIon?

Not to worry, you're second on the list. I'm planning to make 20 the first time around (after Bradsab's two), which should cover anyone who has expressed interest already.

Efficiency is discussed further on CPF, but it's actually pretty simple:

Eff = Vled/Vbat.

D

Now I put an aspheric on the top of my reflector I have for the P7 and got a really tight circular beam. I have no idae why but it looked really nice. IT also sems with the aspherics that making a focusable light head would be pretty simple. If I want a circular beam can I do with the SST-90 what I've done with my P7?

Now I put an aspheric on the top of my reflector I have for the P7 and got a really tight circular beam. I have no idae why but it looked really nice. IT also sems with the aspherics that making a focusable light head would be pretty simple. If I want a circular beam can I do with the SST-90 what I've done with my P7?

I'm not aespherics expert, but I think the main factor is the distance of the aespheric to the LED.

I've been checking stuff out on CPF. I also noticed Packhorse's SST-90 experiment. I think I'm going to go with the SST-90 with an aspheric and maybe a reflector. I saw someone who used a mini aspheric in the center of a lens on top of a reflector with good results. Probably just buy a ton of stuff off DX and experiment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom