Our First Liveaboard....Advice !?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mooseman1007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My fiance and I are looking into the possibility of doing a liveaboard trip in September/October this year and could do with some advice as to the best itinery. We had initially planned to go on the VIPONE and do the Northern Wrecks and Reefs trip, as we trained with the RedSeaDiveCollege and thought doing our first liveaboard with a set of guys we knew would be ideal, even if the sites would be the same as we had done the past two years diving our of sharm (Both times in March). Unfortunately we cant make the dates VIPONE goes so are looking for other options.
We both have just over 50 dives under our belts, and while we would obviously like to see the glory of the summer red sea, i guess some of the trips are honestly a bit out of our comfort zones...or are they just hyped as being hardcore? Anyways, suggestions as to good itineries (and operators) greatfully recieved. We had noticed a DEEP NORTH trip up to Dahab/Nuweiba that looked interesting but I havent heard any reports of how good it is, other than that some had suggested St Johns/Deep South as ok for relatively inexperienced divers, any other options
Cheers
Mooseman

You will have a brilliant time in the Red Sera. During summer time I think you should take advantage of the long days and go on a trip where you can get further away from the crowds. Long sail distances like St. Johns, Rocky, Zabargad is fantastic that time of year. Even further down south to the area called "Borderlands" around reefs like Abu Fandira and Ohrob is amazing with schools of Bumphead Parrotfish on a daily basis. If you want to know a bit more on what's happening when and where in the Red Sea you can check out my personal Red Sea Information page WELCOME TO AZIAB and click on "Yearly Cycle". There is also one page on "Liveaboard Diving In The Red Sea".

There is an article in the latest issue of The Equaliser about the Borderlands Trip.

cheers
Anders

Thanks for the ideas, I must admit I had discounted Rocky/Zarbagad as being too harcore for our levels of experience, but will look into those itineries. The calender was interesting to see whet the appetite for the "Real" Red Sea, as im sure everyone will attest March in Sharm region is nice and relaxing but not the best there is to offer
Mooseman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom