Out Of business

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amobeus

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello

I heard that Water Sports on young St south of Eglinton will be going out of business in Dec, whats going on, It seems the diving industry is in the clinker.

Amobeus

Hello,

As a full-time employee and instructor at Watersports, I can assure you that this is not the case. We are not closing, and are looking forward to a busy holiday season. Thanks for your concern.

don't buy any gift certificates....

once bubbled...

It seems the diving industry is in the clinker.

I am glad to see that Watersports is doing fine and that this was just a rumor. ( I will have to call Mike or Debra at Divers Paridise to see about them - I hope not as they are nice folks.)

This was a tough year for the industry. Overall it was down 20-30 % according to some of my suppliers but things are coming back .

While we managed to have a good year it was not without a lot of hard work. Dive stores will continue to close everywhere if people shop nothing but bare bones price and believe the opinions of some out there, that their LDS is out to screw them.

I enjoy having my own business ( most days) and we have managed to be successful and still fair with our customers. Business is a two way street and most mature adults recognize it.

However I can honestly say I would not tell anyone I actually liked that the dive business is an easy one or one that I would reccomend getting into it.

Lot's of rumours all over the GTA and Ontario this holiday season. Dive stores, charters, clubs, instructors, wholesalers, bad air - good air and in business - out of business. Just remember they are just rumours. It is going to be fun!!!!!
DIVE DEEP
deepdiver5by5

Back
Top Bottom