OW 1,2,and 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubastaci

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
YAY! they're done! Just 2 more today and I am finished! Can't wait for the trip to the keys.

On OW3 we saw a 4ft catfish sitting under a branch. The guys pet it, but, I watched that show on noodling, so, not my hands!!

OW 4 & 5 today at the river. Gotta wear the 5mm. Not looking forward to that.

Congratulations on your impending certification. If you're feeling good about the first 3 the wrap-up should be all smiles.

Be sure to have some mentoring or other support as you transition from fresh water to the various forms of ocean sites.

Neoprene is your friend, stay comfy.

Pete

YAY! they're done! Just 2 more today and I am finished! Can't wait for the trip to the keys.
Spertrum is right - the 'hard' part of OW checkouts is over. Now, the fun begins. The reefs in the Keys are great. Dive often, and seek out the mentoring he mentions. Find experienced divers to dive with, keep developing your skills, and enjoy the wonderful U/W world.

Congratulations- well almost! haha Your OW is a great start but it is just a rudimentary overview inteded to begin your diving with the correct safety orientation. Keep diving and keep learning, you're in the basement right now; keep climbing because diving still has no unmoveable ceiling!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom