OW Cert Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey murdock,

The cold water makes a difference but I don't think you'll have to much of a problem. Gettin used to wearing the 6.5mm wetsuit is where you'll have the trouble. I would advise you to practice your skills (like clearing your mask with gloves and a hood on)in the dive shops pool with the wetsuit on once or twice before your O/W dive.

Good Luck!

ChillyWill:snorkel:

GP,
Heck yes! At the moment I personally know... 1 person who is certified and he hasn't been diving for 2 years. I'd be happy to dive with anyone willing. I'd also like to go as much as possible this Spring-Fall.

:)

Im doing my O/W certification dives in two weeks down at Vortex Springs in Florida. The water temp there is a constant 68 degrees. I did all my confined dives in a heated indoor pool (85 degrees), so Im a bit timid about the much colder water myself. The air temperature there is normally also around 68 degrees in late February. Im not sure what thickness, but I'll be diving in a rental farmer John, hood, gloves, boots, etc., but Im sure it will still be a shock comparitively from what Ive been diving in. The water there is so clear though and I'll be so excited, hopefully I wont even notice the water being cold. :shaking:

I plan to do all my future diving in warm waters, except perhaps when I dive some of my local lakes. Mostly plan to dive in Florida, the Caribe, Mexico, etc., so if I can just get through the cold spring water I should be okay. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom