OW Certified!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinjc

Contributor
Reaction score
I finished my OW dives this past weekend and am now in possession of my temporary cert card!! Woo woo!!!

I'm very excited about getting this accomplished - and I can't wait to dive in some 'real' bodies of water - as opposed to a central Ohio quarry!! (It was cool, but just not much to see besides what the have sunk in the quarry, some blue gill, a large catfish and some fresh water jelly fish.) I was happy to note that I only saw one 'bottle' fish (which we brought to the surface and discarded) and no 'can' fish.

Now I have to start saving my pennies for my own equipment - thanks to a lot of research on the web, at my LDS and here on the board - I know what I want - it's just a matter of affording it all!!

To play off Mario's tag line (and make it more appropriate for central Ohio):

"See you in the shallow green!" <S>

hooray!

And one word to you m'boy, PLASTICS.

If you do not understand that, I will let another cinema buff clue you in............

Congrats...and I have only one piece of advice (Oh yes, my grandmother used to say to me, "Anytime you feel like giving advice, take two aspirin and go to bed."): Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, catch me in the travel section...I can really help you slim down that IRA.

Joewr

Large-Diver,

You are soaring on Joewr's List of Savvy Divers!

Joewr

And here I thought I was one of the few people who WOULD get that reference!! I laughed out loud when I read it...I wish I had a college buddy who was opening up new markets to invest in....then again George was a pretty happy guy - not much money - but so many more important things! <S>

"Start without me!"

Martinjc, are you starting to wonder why you joined this zany group?

And LadyDiver, I will try to start behaving myself and keep these discussions related to Scuba--starting tomorrow.

Joewr (the incorrigible)

Feels great doesn't it. Now the next hurdle....finding dive buddies. :) Hopefully, you already have some in that great diving region of the country :wink:

Actually my best friend from college who lives near by has been certified for awhile and has been trying to convince me to get certified for a few years (his wife dives as well, but it isn't really her cup-of-tea). We are now talking about when to get into an AOW class together in the near future. He and I actually went out for a while in the same quarry on Sunday - so he could get wet and I could practice some more.

"See you in the shallow green" <S>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom