OW Part of Scuba Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I should probably get through this part first, then go onto possibly trying the dry suit part... Is the Br Columbia area always pretty cold or just during the winter months?

nessum once bubbled...

Just get your dry suit cert asap. It is definately the way to go if you want to enjoy cold/cool water diving.

If you dont have a dry suit... (I never wore one)... and you were wearing a wetsuit (whatever thickness)... lets say you got really cold, and you really need to warm up, and unfortunately you can't have a cup 'o tea... the best scientific advise I would give you (strange how noone suggested it! ).... get ready for this... :

Pee in your wetsuit (I hope you did not rent it)... tell you what... it feels gooood when its cold, it really warms you up...

Disclaimer: if this offended someone... sorry... you gotta do what you gotta do when you're cold!

coliseum once bubbled...
If you dont have a dry suit... (I never wore one)... and you were wearing a wetsuit (whatever thickness)... lets say you got really cold, and you really need to warm up, and unfortunately you can't have a cup 'o tea... the best scientific advise I would give you (strange how noone suggested it! ).... get ready for this... :

Pee in your wetsuit (I hope you did not rent it)... tell you what... it feels gooood when its cold, it really warms you up...

Disclaimer: if this offended someone... sorry... you gotta do what you gotta do when you're cold!

I would have to disagree. Although peeing in your wetsuit gives the immediate sensation of warmth to your chilled skin, you have just removed that much thermal mass/energy from your body to the outside where it will soon be chilled. This proves to allow the cold to affect your core temperature more quickly than had you kept that urine inside.

This is a common misconception. Plus it's just nasty.

Ok now, I know a lot of people probably do what you suggested below, and I'm not offended by the suggestion, but I know I couldn't bring myself to do that.... just the sound of it is gross to me. Also now that I think about it on the renting of suits and thinking that someone prior may have done that, Ewww!!

coliseum once bubbled...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom