OW Training in Boston Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Axeman

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a friend in Boston who I think would like to dive and I am looking for a LDS to send him to for OW training.

Recomendation please.

He works @

18 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02108 USA

so I assume anywhere in this area is good.....

not sure where this is as I have never been to boston before. Any help is appreciated....

Thanks

Axeman:
He works @

18 Tremont St.
Boston, MA 02108 USA

so I assume anywhere in this area is good.....

There isn't really anything I know of in Downtown Boston, but United Divers in Somerville and PG dive in Newton are both just outside the city. Where does your friend live? There might be something closer to home than to work.

Like MSilvia said...there is no place in downtown Boston. A friend of mine owns United Divers and they are very good. Send him there it's about 15 min. from downtown Boston.

I got the classroom part of my open water with mass diving (PADI) very nice people, the owner mark is a great guy, and all the staff make you feel very welcome. i highly recomend them, only problem if you friend lives in boston is location (there about 1/2 hr+ to get there)

i second the reccomendation to go to PG Dive

Fly N Dive:
I got the classroom part of my open water with mass diving (PADI) very nice people, the owner mark is a great guy, and all the staff make you feel very welcome.

I agree with all that, but would add that the shop is sometimes quick to try to "upsell". For example, I went in one time looking for a waterproof watch, and within minutes Mark was trying to sell me on a $900 Suunto wrist computer.

That said, I've been a return customer of their training.

since im 16 i think he knows i dont have the big bucks, so thats not a problem for me.

Back
Top Bottom